Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Feeling Unappreciated :(

Anyone who has ever essentially taken care of a baby on their own knows it's not an easy job. It's exhausting, stressful at times, and extremely hard. I am lucky to not be a single parent, that's for sure... but 99% of the time Nolan only wants me. We just have one of those clingy babies. They are all different I'm told, but he is certainly a momma's boy.

Anyways, I feel like since I'm "not working" that I'm unappreciated. It's like taking care of him and raising him isn't a job in itself. Yes, I should do more housework. Yes, I should cook more. But it is VERY hard to do those things with a baby who wants your constant attention!

Sigh.

5 comments:

  1. I know the feeling all too well & I think most SAHMs can relate! That is unless they are the bionic mom or something!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hang in there lady! It's hard work being a good mom! I think DH underestimated all I was doing at home until I went back to work and he had his own 2 "daddy days" each week. Since then I get a lot more thank yous and a lot more help around the house. You're doing a great job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I swear, I could have written this. S is sooo clingy & cries hysterically almost immediately if I even act like I might hand him to someone else (even his dad) or put him down. It is so difficult to feel like you never have a spare moment to yourself, and housework... Yeah right! Hang in there, though. You're definitely not alone!

    ReplyDelete
  4. E, I'm so glad to hear you say that. Some people seem to have the "easiest" babies EVER... and Nolan is not like that. He's great, but he wants ME and usually only me. It's nice to hear I'm not alone and not doing anything wrong. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Being a Mom is the most important job in the world, and you are the best! Keep doing what you are doing and know that there isnt anything (job)more important, or more gratifying that being a great Mommy!
    Love ya, Grandma Diane

    ReplyDelete