Monday, June 20, 2011

I'm having a mom struggle.

Disclaimer: I love my child unconditionally and nothing he is going through could change that. This is simply a vent, and if I can't vent on my own blog and perhaps get some empathy, where can I vent? :)

1) Sleep so freaking sucks right now. We were doing better. He had gotten into a routine at night... he would eat his cereal, get his bath/jammies/lotion, pops and I would read him 2 books, I would nurse him in bed, and then Dan would lay with him playing Scout's nighttime music until he fell asleep. That worked for a couple of weeks. Now, he wants nothing to do with Dan in there. But he doesn't particularly like me much more. He just wants to play... crawl, stand up, play with his shadow, etc. Tonight... 2 hours to get him to sleep. TWO HOURS. omg.

We've tried the crib. Half assed attempts, but we've tried. We resorted to our mattress on the floor with his mattress next to ours. This worked for awhile but now he seems to dodge killer bees in his sleep so I'm constantly picking him up off the floor in the middle of the night. Not to mention, I worry he'll wake up and start crawling around our room getting into stuff. I doubt he would, but still.

So, I guess our next move is to put our mattress on the floor in his room and put him IN the crib. Last time we tried the crib, he screamed until he puked... with me in there comforting him. I give.

2) Breastfeeding kinda sucks at this stage. Biting. Pinching. Pulling. Digging his nails into me. Distraction. On and off, on and off. UGH.

I need a drink. A sweet tea with a dose of "get your child to sleep in his own room and quit being mean to his momma" pill, please. :)

1 comment:

  1. *Hugs* And benadryl or better yet do they make infant tylenol PM? lol

    ReplyDelete