Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Letter to Baby- version 2

Dear Nolan,

You and me, we've been pretty close now for 38 weeks. I've thoroughly enjoyed our time together. Even with the morning sickness and exhaustion that was the first trimester, the anxiety and preparation that was the second trimester, and the aches and pains and itchiness that are the third trimester... I wouldn't change a single second of it. I know that I'm about to get the biggest, best reward of all- you. I have complained along the way, I won't pretend that I haven't. This pregnancy thing is rough! But I know the very second I look at your sweet face and snuggle my lips against your cheek, I will be forever smitten. It will all be worth it, and to me- well, that's a good enough reason to put up with everything I've had to go through.

I'm scared, as I'm sure all first time moms are. I often wonder if I'll be a good parent, if you'll like us. I wonder what childbirth is going to be like. I wonder how I'll feel when it's all over... am I going to miss being pregnant? Am I going to fully comprehend how my life has changed? Are you going to be okay? I've tried to provide you with a happy, healthy environment these last 9 months and I hope I've succeeded. Who will you look like? Will you be a happy baby or a fussy baby? So many questions and wonders...

I can promise you that I will make mistakes. I'm only human, after all. Even with those mistakes though, I know you'll be okay. You've got two parents who would already walk around the Earth for you- and we haven't even met you yet! You've got two sets of grandparents who cannot wait to meet you and spoil you already. You've got aunts and uncles and friends who love you so much. You will be okay, little buddy. You're going to have a great life, I can promise you that much.

This may be my last letter to you, in utero. I hope to write monthly letters to commorate the milestones you'll go through and I hope that someday they'll be important to you. If I can just say one thing now before you enter this world, know that I love you more than life itself and I will ALWAYS love you, no matter what. You're not even here yet and you've already changed my life in more ways than I can count.

Now, go easy on your Momma, okay? If we can make your entrance into the world a calm and peaceful and painless experience, I'll likely have a better outlook those first few hours. ;-)

Love you little man, and can't wait to meet you.
XOXO,
Mom

2 comments:

  1. Loved this post, made me cry :)
    Love you Tiffany, you will be an awesome Mommy!!
    Dianne (Momma)

    ReplyDelete
  2. These posts always make me teary! What a sweet letter...Nolan is one lucky guy to have you as his mama!

    ReplyDelete