Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Unsolicited Advice

Did I ask you, lady in the grocery store checkout line, your opinion on how to raise my son? No? Then please don't offer it.

If I'm anything, I'm not afraid to ask for help. I'm self-righteous and stubborn, sure. But, if I need help, advice, guidance, etc. I'm not afraid to ask.

It's only been 4 weeks and I'm already tired of people I know and don't know telling me what I should do and when I should do it. Until YOU spend 24 hours a day with MY baby, do NOT tell me how to take care of him.

This includes, but is not limited to: the food I feed him (I've been told to give him rice cereal- uhh, no.), the way I put him to sleep, the amount of crying he does, the amount of time he is held, where he sleeps, etc.

Believe it or not, I'm capable of raising my son. And, I'm doing a damn fine job of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment