What I believe:
- I believe in God and the power of prayer. Although I've never been especially religious, I have always believed in God and always prayed and thanked God for what I've been given. Now that I have a baby, it's become even more important and we're hoping to be able to find a church that we can call home so Nolan can have the experience of going to church as a child.
- I believe in being kind to your parents, siblings, grandparents, etc. I was never a rebellious child. Sure, there were times I told my parents or siblings I hated them or whatnot... but who doesn't say that every now and again? Now that I'm older, I realize what a true blessing it is that I have two healthy grandparents alive and my mom, step-dad, step-mom, and in-laws. Of course I miss my dad terribly... but I'm so grateful for those that I have to guide me and love me each day. :)
- I believe in procreating! I love kids and can't wait (although I'm going to- ha!) to have more!
- I believe in chocolate. I'm not sure how I would get through a whole week without it.
- I believe that new good-fitting clothes can change your whole outlook.
- I believe that we are going to give Nolan the very best life we are able to. We love this kid to the moon and back and around the world and would do anything for him. It's incredible how much someone so little can change you.
- I believe that you can find friends online on a message board. Yes, June 08'ers- that means you.
- I believe that having a strong friendship leads into a strong marriage.
- I believe that high school sweethearts can last.
- I believe in higher education. Although I'm not sure that teaching was the "right" career path for me, I'm sure glad I stuck it out and got a degree.
- I believe in keeping in touch with old friends- even if it's just on facebook a few times a year.
- I believe in the power of the innocence of children. The holidays always make me so emotional- they get so excited about Santa and the reindeer and all that jazz. It just warms my heart and makes me so excited FOR them.
- I believe in capturing everything on film. Someday my baby boy is going to be all grown up and all I'll have left are my memories. Someday my memory will fail me, and then- I'll have pictures.
- I believe in date night. As much as I don't enjoy leaving my baby, it's good for Dan and I to have a few hours to reconnect as a couple. But then I want to come home and smooch my baby!
- I believe that I could continue this list forever. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment