No, I'm not on the New Year's Resolution weight loss bandwagon.
Pre-pregnancy I was wearing a size 22 jean... that was getting tight. I had a pair of size 24 for "just in case" that I had to break out of a couple of times.
I'm not sure how I got there. In high school I was a happy size 12/14. Well, I thought I was fat... but looking back, I looked pretty good. With college and marriage came a lot of weight gain. I got to the point where I wasn't happy but unmotivated to do anything about it. My husband gained weight too, so it wasn't like I was being pressured to lose it or anything. But I just didn't feel good. I wanted to lose weight, but then I got pregnant.
I'm thrilled to say that I only gained about 25 pounds as of delivery day during my pregnancy. I gained around 30 total but then lost a few pounds in the last couple weeks. That "baby weight" came off with no trouble at all.
I've ALSO lost an additional 45 pounds!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm wearing a size 18 jean. I walked into Old Navy and bought jeans. (That are now too big). I didn't have to order online from "women's plus." I didn't have to go to the "women's" section at Kohls. This is big news.
My ultimate goal is to be a size 14 again. I'm not built to be some skinny minny but I'll feel and look good at that size.
(I have no special secret. I have changed my eating habits some, but I still eat junk if I want to. I drink a TON of water and Nolan keeps me very busy.)
Go me. :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Wow that's awesome! I'm a 22 right now. I lost 20lbs after having my daughter, but gained it right back. Not what I planned. Congrats on the weight loss, I'm going to join weight watchers.
ReplyDeleteCongrats Tiffany! Go You is right !
ReplyDeleteWay to go Tiff! I hope I can do as well with losing this baby weight.
ReplyDelete