Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Water Baby!

Last year we signed Nolan up for swim "lessons" as soon as he turned 6 months old. He enjoyed them but by the end of class he was always cold and blue-lipped and done.

(Last year)
This year we thought/hoped it would go a little better. Because he's still under 2 he was in the same group as last year- a class of 25 babies aged 6 months-2 years with their parents. I took him on Tuesday nights and Dan took him on Thursdays. His last class is tomorrow and he'll get his certificate and t-shirt. :)

The first couple of classes he was hesitant but by week 2 he was loving it! He enjoys going down the slide, playing with water toys, splashing, blowing bubbles and "swimming" on his stomach. He could do without floating on his back.



We may sign him up for some outdoor lessons as well... we'll have to see how the next couple of months go! I'm still hesitant around deep water and I don't want Nolan to feel the same way so this is something we definitely plan to continue throughout the years. Next year should be fun- twins and a 2.5 year old all in lessons! :)

1 comment:

  1. Fun!! We haven't done any swim lessons with Jamie yet but he sure does love the water!! Maybe I should look into it for this summer.

    ReplyDelete