For some reason (no idea why... haha) I am always behind on these letters. Sorry girls!
Dear Adelyn and Delaney,
You turned 11 months on January 6th, 2013. That means you're almost ONE. You'll always be my babies, but technically I only have one more month with babies. That is just absurd.
You both have such amazing personalities! It's so hard for me to put it into words. You're different but you're so similar, too. You both have your bottom two teeth and that's it so far. You can both clap and wave and "talk" and "dance" and ride your pony that you got for Christmas. Adelyn, you took your first wobbly steps on New Years Day! It was about 2 steps and then you fell but it was like you discovered a whole new world and were so excited. Later that day, you very clearly said "all done" after I finished feeding you dinner. We were sitting around the table at Grandma and Papa's and I looked up in amazement and both Grandma and Great-Mama heard it too. We were so proud! You've said it many times since then. Delaney, you took your first steps a few days after your technical 11th month birthday but since I'm late I'll include it here. It was January 11th and you took about 4 steps before you fell. By Monday the 13th you were walking a good 6-8 feet across the room. You flap your arms and "talk" while you do it and it's SO cute. I can't believe how quickly you picked it up. Soon, you and your sister will be chasing after Nolan!
You have really good sleep habits right now, which is great. Every now and again one of you will wake up in the middle of the night but right about the time that I decide "okay, I should go get her" you settle back down and go to sleep. You generally sleep about 12 hours and wake up ready for the day! You're also taking two naps a day but the length tends to vary. You both LOVE "real" food and trying new things. I haven't found anything that you don't like yet. You still happily eat purees too, so we're sort of in a transition stage.
Christmas was so much fun this year. Although you're still too young to get it and really enjoy it, you did have fun ripping up paper and playing with all of the new toys. I think I took almost 600 pictures in December alone!
We go so lucky with you two. You're very easy going and go-with-the-flow. If mom and dad decide to go out for the evening (a very rare treat!) you are perfectly fine with grammy and grandpap coming over or grandma and papa... you don't seem to mind a bit either way! You know our routine and as long as it's followed you go to bed just fine for them and that makes it easier on everyone. You love to play with Nolan and he is loving that you guys are more active and responsive to him these days. Sometimes he wants to wrestle with you and you laugh and laugh. He also likes it when you play in his tent or in his room with him. He doesn't like it when you touch his shopping cart that is filled with his toy of choice (sometimes balls or cars) and that's when things get ugly around here. ;) If nothing else, you'll all learn to share one way or another! :)
Little ladies, I am so proud to be your mom. You are the most beautiful, happy, sweet babies I've ever met. And there's TWO of you so I get twice the LOVE. I truly feel lucky.
I am excited for the upcoming month... your birthday, cake smash, birthday party. It's going to be fun. I anticipate more teeth, more new foods, both of you walking full time. It should be an adventure, but it always is.
Addy... Laney... always remember that I love you with all of my heart.
Muah muah muah muah muah! xoxoxo
Momma
Wednesday, January 16, 2013
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment