Dear Delaney,
On December 6th, you and your sister officially entered *double digits*! 10 months old! We went to the doctor the day before and found out that you weigh 18 pounds and are 28" long. The doctor said you both were "perfect." :)
You are such a sweet girl! You went through a phase where I referred
to you as my wild child... and you still are... but you are also very
sweet. You lay your head down and snuggle with me, you pat your sister
on her head, you giggle uncontrollably at your brother. You love
bathtime the most of any kid I've ever seen. You start bouncing up and
down and diving for toys, you splash your legs and giggle when you get
water in your face. It's too cute.
You have your two
bottom teeth and are working on the next two! You are "cruising" all
over the place now and I think you'll probably take your first steps
before your next letter gets written. You are somewhat of a picky eater
when it comes to new things... you don't like actual bananas (but you'll
eat them pureed), you weren't a fan of cottage cheese or yogurt at
first either. Maybe not picky so much as reserved...
These
days you are eating three meals a day and nursing twice a day (morning
and night) with two bottles in between at daycare. You fall asleep
fairly easily and take two decent naps. You sleep with your little booty
up in the air and I think it's adorable. You got your first bad cold at
the beginning of this month and it was miserable! You're finally just
about over it now and I hope we don't have to deal with that again for a
long time. You are ahead of schedule on all of your milestones- pincer
grasp, feeding yourself, etc. You are still not too sure about sippy
cups but you will hold your bottle without problem. You're starting to
wave and clap and bounce to music now, which is just precious. :)
I love you SO MUCH little Laney Love. So much.
Dear Adelyn,
10
months old!! It doesn't seem possible yet at the same time, it seems
like you've been a part of this family forever. You, too, weigh 18
pounds and are 28" long. I was so surprised when the nurse told me you
were exactly the same as your sister... I actually checked to make sure I
hadn't accidentally given her the same baby to measure twice. Hey,
don't blame me... you guys are looking more and more alike lately! ;)
Oh
Addy, you are so much fun. You squeal this adorable little (loud)
squeal when you're waiting to eat or when you see something or someone
you want. You don't want to miss anything so you are always observing
what's going on around you. This has made bedtime a bit of a challenge
lately but I have heard that separation anxiety (and teething!) are big
factors around this time so I'm sure it'll get easier soon. Speaking of
teething, your first little tooth popped through on December 14th!
Technically that should go in next month's letter but I didn't want to
forget. I think you'll have a second very soon, too.
You
love attention. As soon as I walk in the door from work you want to
snuggle with me and just be held awhile. You like to be held so you can
see what's going on while we're doing anything- making dinner, brushing
teeth, whatever! You can't see much from the ground afterall. You are a
pro at pulling up and standing now. You're starting to "cruise" along
furniture or with a walker toy but you're very proud of yourself just to
stand and pat on tables or play with toys. You shake your head no when
someone says "no, no, no" and it's *so cute*... I need to get it on
video soon!
You are also eating three solid meals,
nursing twice and getting two bottles. You LOVE your bottles and your
food and do not like when either of them are empty. You're also getting
over a pretty nasty cold and I'm so glad it's almost behind us. Having
three sick kids (and a sick momma) was exhausting. I miss you and your
siblings so much while I'm at work but seeing your face light up when I
come home makes a little piece of me feel better. You are very happy at
grandma's with the other kids and I know you're being well loved and
taken care of. I just hope you and your sister know that you better wait
to do anything crazy- like walk- until I'm around, okay? ;)
You are my little love bug, Addy. Love you SO SO MUCH.
Always and forever,
Momma (which you both say now!!!!)
Sunday, December 16, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






Beautiful letters to two beautiful baby girls. I love you Addy and Laney, sooo much !
ReplyDeleteLove , Grandma Diane