Thursday, July 1, 2010

Ring Shopping

So my wedding rings officially had to go. I've been getting stares like I have a fatherless baby and it was really getting to me. (Paranoid much?) So, I started looking for a fake. I swear I searched the interwebs up and down and couldn't find anything that wasn't a fortune in a large enough size. My wedding bands are already an 8.5 or so so I needed about a 10 I figured. When the world wide web failed, I turned to actual retail stores. Columbus failed me. Kohls especially.

I came back to WV with the mindset that I'd just be naked on my ring finger and live with it. It still bugged me though so yesterday I went to the mall. I looked at Macy's with no luck. I checked "Piercing Pagoda" thinking that SURELY they would have something. I explained my problem to the grouchy lady behind the counter and she pulled out a tray of MENS rings to show me. I explained again that the size 10 ring was for ME and I just wanted something thin with a few diamonds. She kept showing me MENS rings saying that was all they had. I left in tears.

As one final chance, I stopped in Icing and the lovely pregnant woman behind the counter sympathized with me. She even got down on the floor and found a sz 10 "wedding band" for me that was everything I was looking for. It even came with an e-ring and extra wedding band, all for $12.50. It's nothing special, but at least if one of them turns green I'll have another. ;-)

1 comment:

  1. OMG- the looks I would get when I didn't have my rings on because of the swelling were awful! Brian bought me a super cheap Diamondique ring (they seriously look real) http://www.qvc.com/cgen/render.aspx?qp=class|K745&level=2&walk.yah=1001-K745 is the website - and I wore that for the rest of hte pregnancy and the first few weeks after that I was all swollen.

    ReplyDelete