Wednesday, July 13, 2011

My baby is growing up too fast

He used to want me to rock him to sleep. Not anymore. He used to want to sleep with me. He prefers his own space now. He used to be content just to cuddle. Now, it's on his watch- not mine.

He's growing up way too fast.

Some little things I want to always remember about this stage in his life:

  • When he crawls on a surface he doesn't like (concrete for example) he crawls with one knee down and one foot down. Funniest stance ever.
  • In the pool he tries to blow bubbles but he ends up just drinking in the water, then he looks at you like "what the heck mom?!"
  • When he nurses in bed he plays with my face or my ear or my hair.
  • Sometimes he still lays with his legs up in the air, ankles crossed, when he's playing on the ground.
  • Sometimes when he sleeps he sleeps on his belly with his ankles crossed and his bum up in the air. Love it.
  • When he eats and doesn't like something he makes his "gross" face and if you persist he blows raspberries.
  • He blows on my cheek, arm, or leg like we blow on his belly. It always results in being covered in drool but it's worth it.
  • In the car, he throws all of his toys I give him as soon as I'm in the front seat. He used to like to play in the car but I guess he's bored of them now. I watch him in the mirror and he gets this look of disgust then drops them over the side of his carseat. Too funny.
I love this kid so much it hurts sometimes. I can't believe he's almost one. On one hand, I'm excited for all of the new adventures to come, but on the other... man oh man... it makes me so sad to have my baby growing up so fast!

3 comments:

  1. This is such a fun stage and I don't want it to ever end!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that you are writing these things down so you can remember them. It is bittersweet to see your baby grow up, time does go too fast. Enjoy every minute. <3
    Love you both so much, Grandma Diane

    ReplyDelete
  3. ooo. So many of the things they do at this age is so cute. Don't worry about the cuddles. Evie went a good month of not wanting cuddles before bed, but now she loves them and throws a fit if she doesn't get to cuddle and get rocked before bed. I just had to learn how she wanted to cuddle now.

    ReplyDelete