Jason Aldean- Laughed Until We Cried
Just the other night the baby was cryin’
So I got out of bed rocked her awhile
And I held her tight
And I told her it would be all right
And my mind went back to a few years ago
When we tried so long
We almost gave up hope
And I remember you
Comin' in and tellin’ me the news
Oh man we were livin’
Goin’ crazy in the kitchen
We danced and screamed and held each other tight
We laughed until we cried
Just the other night the baby was cryin’
So I got out of bed rocked her awhile
And I held her tight
And I told her it would be all right
And my mind went back to a few years ago
When we tried so long
We almost gave up hope
And I remember you
Comin' in and tellin’ me the news
Oh man we were livin’
Goin’ crazy in the kitchen
We danced and screamed and held each other tight
We laughed until we cried
The emotions that you feel when you find out you are expecting are so intense. If you are anything like me, you go through moments of being scared, in disbelief, pure elation, etc. It's quite a roller coaster! Luckily, we've been blessed that we have easily gotten pregnant both times. With Nolan, we very quickly moved from shocked/freaking out to excited. He was our first and although we didn't live near our families, we felt like we were in a good place to have a baby. It took a little while longer this time. I had just about gotten used to the idea of having one more baby when Nolan was so young and then we found out we were having twins. That is a shock that you can simply not be prepared for. I think that I've just recently begun to accept and be happy about the news. Don't get me wrong, I've been excited all along. I think that children are God's biggest blessing and our lives have been forever changed for the better with the arrival of Nolan. But getting used to the idea of having two newborns and a 17 month old? Well, that takes awhile. Not to mention the fear and anxiety that come along with a multiples pregnancy. We are nowhere near "out of the woods" yet. I know that we have a long road ahead of us until we get to bring home our sweet baby girls... but I'm hopeful. And excited. And yes, a little bit terrified. But I know that somehow, we will make it work. And that we will be the most blessed parents in the world. :)
I see the great parent you are to Nolan , and I know you are going to do just fine ! Love you sweetie!
ReplyDeleteGrandma Diane
Never be afraid to get excited! Cherish your little blessings each day and you'll be bringing your girls home before you know it!
ReplyDelete