Monday, December 27, 2010

Sweet Sleepy Baby

Napping and bedtime has gotten considerably better. Knock on wood. :)

Our bedtime routine is probably not the greatest, but I love it. I nurse him and "assume the postion" (his head in the crook of my left arm, body tucked in tight to mine) and pat him to sleep while singing "You are my Sunshine." I love that time together. He will go to sleep on his own, but it takes about 3x as long, so I figure rocking him is just as good.

Once he's asleep, I take him in our room and swaddle him up then pick him up and hold him for a few more minutes. I kiss his sweet baby cheeks and drink in the milky smell of his neck. I treasure that time with him so much and I never want it to change. <3

No comments:

Post a Comment