Friday, December 31, 2010

Our Year in Review

I can't believe 2010 is already over!! I spent most of it pregnant, and the end of it caring for a newborn. No wonder it flew by! Here's a little recap of how our year went. :)

January: We had just found out that we were pregnant. We dealt with a few scares but by the end of the month were feeling pretty confident that our little poppyseed would stick around for the long haul. We had a few different ultrasounds and started to get excited for this adventure. Dan turned 25. We saw Brad Paisley in concert. We spread the news to our folks.

February: We celebrated our 8th Valentine's Day together. We had more ups and downs with the pregnancy. I found the baby's heartbeat on my own at home. We spread the news to our friends.

March: I started to have weird cravings. I started to get lots of comments from people who knew I was pregnant about the size of my growing belly.

April: I started to have consistent baby movement. We found out we were expecting a boy. We couldn't agree on a name. I finally discovered the snoogle and got comfy at night. We registered for baby gifts. We got to use Dan's Christmas gift- Carrie Underwood tickets. I wrote my first letter to baby.

May: I started working on the nursery. I took (and failed) my first glucose test. I started to not fit in certain places. I got my acid reflux under control. I had my 100th blog post. I got lots of baby boy clothes. I started my Pandora charm bracelet. Dan felt the baby move. The baby didn't stop moving.

June: I turned 25. We celebrated our 2nd wedding anniversary. I started to have blood pressure issues. We had a 4D ultrasound. I had my first (and only) trip to triage. I took my 3 hour glucose test on my birthday (and passed). I had to do the 24 hour urine collection. I had my work baby shower.

July: I was miserable and hot. We took our childbirth classes. I started to waddle. I officially had to remove my wedding bands. I had two baby showers.

August: I started itching. We had maternity pictures taken. I cried when I heard "Anything like me" on the radio. I had contractions. I went to the doctor a lot. I wrote my 2nd "letter to baby."

September: WE HAD A BABY!! Welcome Nolan. Best day of our lives. I didn't sleep much. We dealt with jaundice and I was scared. I fell in love.

October: Nolan's first Halloween as Elvis. He turned one month old. I still didn't sleep much. I fell more in love.

November: Nolan's first Thanksgiving. He turned two months. He had shots. :(

December: He turned three months. We had a great Christmas. We are incredibly happy and excited for the year to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment