How far along? 16 weeks
Total Weight Gain: +9 pounds
Maternity Clothes: Loving them!
Sleep: Can't get comfortable. I really want to sleep on my stomach but those days are long gone... again.
Best Moment This Week: Seeing our healthy babies on the ultrasound today (see below)
Movement: Yep!
Gender: I thought girls religiously until today. Who knows.
Labor Signs: none, and I hope it stays that way for many many months.
Belly Button In or Out: In
What I miss: Nolan NOT teething!!
How I'm feeling: Tired
What I'm looking forward to: Our next u/s on Oct. 3rd.
Weekly Wisdom: If God brings you to it, He will bring you through it.
Milestones: Babies are the size of avocados!
Ultrasound Update:
We went in this morning for the first of our bi-weekly ultrasounds. First of all, let me say that they screw you when you're having multiples. Did you know that we have to pay twice as much because there are two babies?! Yeah, we do. $121 per ultrasound... every 2 weeks. Sucks!
Anyway, we were expecting to find out the sex(es) today but babies weren't having it. It's okay though, I can wait another 2 weeks I suppose. :)
Both babies are measuring at 17w1d (over a week ahead!) and weighing in at 6 oz. (average for this week is 3.5 ounces)... grow babies grow!! This is awesome news regardless, but even more so for twins! And even better than that is that they aren't showing any signs of size discrepancy which could indicate TTTS (twin to twin transfusion syndrome) so that is super. Of course, it's still early and they're still going to be super cautious... but all of this is great news so far.
Baby A is head down with a heart rate of 150bpm. It is laying right along my belly button. It was very cooperative today, except for that it was laying on it's belly and we couldn't get a good look at the heart (or the gender, obviously).
Baby B is head down with a heart rate of 155bpm. It is laying to the right of A, so I have no babies on my left side right now... which explains why I only feel movement on the right! haha. Baby B was very feisty and wouldn't stop moving! We saw everything we needed to except we need to get a better look at the brain next time.
Because of their positions, the tech didn't try very hard to determine gender. We told her since it was still so early we didn't want to know a "maybe" guess anyway... so I think that had something to do with it. I'm pretty hopeful that we'll find out at our next ultrasound on Oct. 3rd!
Until today I was pretty certain that they were girls. Now, I'm not so sure. Their heart rates are very similar to what Nolan's always was. Plus, I told Dan that I saw boy parts on one of them. Lol. I'm sure that if *I* saw boy parts (being an untrained ultrasound viewer) than the tech would have also, but who knows. Regardless, I'm ready to know. ;)
So, everything is looking good! I will try to post updated profile shots later, but I need to black out my name first and I'm too tired to do so. ;)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I feel you on the teething. Jamie has been showing signs for over a month now....except we have yet to see a single new tooth!
ReplyDelete