I've been sick for a few days so this morning I finally decided to do something about it. We've lived in Ohio for over a year, and have yet to find a family doctor so I planned to go to Urgent Care or the Minute Clinic. I decided rather than waste my time getting a diagnosis and then find out that I couldn't take anything for it, I would call my OB and make sure there is a pregnancy safe antibiotic (I was 99% sure it was a sinus infection) that I'm not allergic to. While I was leaving a message for the nurse, I also mentioned that the babies movement had slowed down a lot and I wasn't sure that I had felt Baby B at all for the last couple of days.
My husband was nice enough to take Nolan to my mom's this morning so I could get some rest. We all know that's impossible with a toddler to tend for. So, I called the doctor and went back to bed. I figured as soon as I called I'd feel her moving but it never happened. The nurse returned my call a couple of hours later and said they'd feel better (as would I) if I came in to check for fetal heart tones, and that while I was there my OB would likely write me a prescription and save me a trip to Urgent Care.
Truthfully, I wasn't TOO worried about the baby. I was still feeling movement, it just seemed to be focused on my right side. I sort of figured they just shifted and now all of the feet were that-a-way. Plus, Baby B has always been my laid back baby anyway. But, nonetheless, it's good to get reassurance. So I get to the doctor, he listens for Baby B first and thinks he finds her HB but isn't sure. He listens for Baby A and the same thing happens. He said he thinks they were cuddling, haha. Anyway, we did eventually hear two distinct heartbeats and of course once I got home Baby B was a moving machine. I felt a little silly for going in, but like he told me- it only takes a minute to listen and it's better to be safe!
Oh, and as for me- I was right about the sinus infection. And plus I have a double ear infection. Fun times! I got an antibiotic though, so I should be on the road to recovery before my baby shower on Saturday. :)
Wednesday, November 16, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment