My acid reflux journey...
Waaaay back in my college days (maybe before?) I developed acid reflux. I remember my MIL saying it would go away after the wedding plans were over. Sadly, that didn't happen. I was on Nexium and it worked like a dream. Upon getting pg, Nexium had to leave. For the first trimester, I mostly got by on Tums (at least 5-6 a day I'd say). I suffered but didn't want to take anything potentially harmful.
Late February, I complained to my doctor. He gave me a prescription for Protonix. I still wasn't sure, so I tried Zantac twice a day. It was more bearable, but still pretty bad. I tried to fill the prescription but found out our insurance didn't cover it so I thought I'd just get by with the Zantac and save money.
Well a couple of weeks ago that all went downhill. I couldn't eat. Couldn't sleep. Couldn't drink anything other than water. Was throwing up at least once a day, if not more. I was MISERABLE. I finally filled the prescription (and paid out of pocket, boo) on Friday. By Saturday morning, I was a NEW PERSON! I haven't had heartburn since (knock on wood), I haven't gotten sick, I even ate pizza!
Life is good. Thank you Protonix.
Monday, May 10, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment