Ahhhh, I can type again! I am SO thankful that my mom let me borrow her brand new Christmas gift (tablet) but I could not get used to typing on that touch screen. Today Dan brought his (work) laptop for me to use for the weekend so maybe I'll be able to get a couple of decent updates in before Monday.
Today I am 34w5d pregnant. When I was admitted at 33w3d pregnant, I was told to expect to deliver in the next 48-72 hours. I'm pleased (and displeased, haha) to say that my girlies are still cooking away! Monday will mark 35w and many, though not all, twins born at 35w who have had the steroid shots like I did won't require much or any NICU time. That is my overall goal- no NICU time. I want them in my room, meeting their family, going home with us as a family of 5. With every passing day I become more optimistic that it will happen. :)
As far as I'm concerned, things are pretty dull. I've been weaned off of the procardia (to stop the contractions) for a few days now. The day after I was taken off I had contractions all night and all day and was convinced they were coming. As you can tell, that didn't happen. Now my contractions are mostly "positional" meaning that if I'm sitting up/standing or laying on my back I feel them but if I'm reclined or on my side they are much less frequent. Even so, on the monitors it's showing them at the most every 7-10 minutes which is nothing to get excited about.
"My" doctor will be in on Monday for the first time. If you remember, he left when I was 28w for a knee replacement, so this will be the first time I've seen him since before that. The other doctors in the practice that I have been seeing are in agreement that I should stay here until I deliver based on the dilation/effacement and the presentation of Baby A. They tell me that he may have a different opinion on Monday. This is both exciting and terrifying. On the one hand, I would LOVE to go home seeing as nothing is happening anymore. But on the other hand, it's hard to change your mindset from "here until I deliver" to "home bedrest." I trust the doctors in my practice, I just wish they were on the same page. Obviously the two that I've been seeing feel like I should stay for a reason so should 'my' doctor feel differently, it's a little concerning. I guess all I can do is wait and see what he says on Monday. If he does think I can leave, I'm going to request an ultrasound to check positions/fluid and another cervix check first. I hope they'll do that much at least.
I've had visitors every day (mostly just Dan and Nolan, but a couple of days of friends and my in-laws and my parents too). That's helping the time pass a little faster. The weekdays drug on this past week because every one was working. I'm glad it's the weekend! No matter how you spin it, hospital bedrest just sucks. I'm "lucky" in that I have bathroom/shower privileges and don't have to be laying down constantly- just in bed. Regardless, the Internet is only entertaining for so long and daytime tv leaves much to be desired. Reading puts me to sleep lately, lol.
My giant to-do list has been taken care of at home. When we finally do have these babies, the house will be spic&span, the babies clothes are ready, car seats are installed, etc. We have lots of different people to thank for that! Including my hubs, who has been amazing. :)
That's it for now. I'm sure I'll have more updates this weekend since I have a keyboard to type on! I'm going to try to do Maternity Monday as well as pre-schedule Nolan's 17 month letter for this week. :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment