Please bear with my one hand typing.
Today I started to have [retty consistent contractions a little after 12pm. I kept an eye on them and timed them to be between 4-6 minutes apart. After much hem-hawing and debate, I called the OB around dinner time and he sent me to L&D.
When I got here (7pm) contractions were 3-4 minutes apart and kind of painful. I am 3cm dilated and 70% effaced so I've "earned a bed" here for awhile. I had the first steroid shot to help mature the babies lungs "just in case" at 9pm and am taking procardia every 6 hours to stop contractions. The 1st dose helped but around hour 5 the contractions, although further apart, were back.
I'll be in L&D at least until the 2nd steroid shot (Fri at 9pm) and then if cxns have slowed enough to be taken off constant monitoring, they'll move me to high risk... and then I can see Nolan! From there it just depends on if my cervix has changed anymore, but even if they let me go home I'll be on bedrest.
Side note... why do they tell you to sleep?? IV in left arm w/ pulse monitor, 2 HR monitors & cxn monitor on belly plus compression feet things. Oh and I can't eat or drink "in case" we deliver. Blah!
I'll be back tomorrow :)
Friday, January 20, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Oh no! Hope they can slow things down!! We need those sweet little girls to cook just a little bit longer!! Did you hear that girls?? No outside babies yet!
ReplyDeleteThose girls will be here soon, love you all
ReplyDelete