Friday, January 20, 2012

Labor & Delivery: Day 2 Update

The meds are slowing down contractions, they took the babies off of continuous monitoring so now I only have to do it twice a day for 20(ish) minutes. I'm much more comfortable without them coming in every 5 minutes to readjust the monitors! I still have the cxn monitor and feet compression things on but it's not too bad.

We will be here until we deliver, which my OB figures will be this week. Every day counts so the longer the better but he doesn't think my cervix will hold out too long. I should get to move to a high risk room (rather than L&D) this evening or tomorrow and THEN I can see Nolan! :)

Baby A is breech and Baby B is transverse so it's a definite c-section. (Terrified!) I'm getting the antibiotics for strep B just in case, as the results won't be in until tomorrow. Overall, I feel a lot better. I am still feeling contractions but they are a 2/10 on the pain scale. I'm bedridden with bathroom privildges but at least I can get up every couple hours.

The reason we can't go home (assuming cxns slowed down enough) is that with a breech presentation, they are afraid if my water broke the cord could prolapse and that would be an emergency... aka... better off here.

I think that's about it for now. I can't believe they're going to be here soon!!

2 comments:

  1. THIS WEEK?!? AHHH! I'm glad they will move you to high risk soon so you can see Nolan. I was laying in bed balling last night just thinking about having to leave Colton for 24 hours when I deliver. I couldn't imagin not seeing him for a few days.
    You are such a strong person Tiff. You don't complain, unless you are uncomfortable, and I never hear you say that you are emotional about Nolan or your pregnancy. I know this isn't the ideal situation that you had wanted but I know you are handling it well.
    I was thinking about some small things we could get Nolan and the little ladies for Easter but I guess now I should start looking for Valentine's Day things.
    I hope you are able to get some rest. We'll be here stalking your blog and thinking of you all. We love ALL of our Cudocs.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! This week?! I'll be thinking and praying for all of you! So glad you get to see Nolan soon!

    ReplyDelete