Monday, January 16, 2012

Maternity Monday

How far along? 33 weeks... and another one bites the dust!

Total Weight Gain: I'm pretty sure it's around 40 pounds. Ugh. Although, I do remember saying that I was "quite sure" I'd gain 50 pounds with this pregnancy so maybe that's okay. As long as the babies are nice and big and healthy, I'm sure the weight will come off quickly.

Maternity Clothes: Even the few pair of pj pants I was getting away with wearing now don't quite fit. So, yoga pants at night (and pretty much anytime I'm home) and definitely maternity shirts/pants during the days too. My feet are swelling more consistently as well so shoes are fun. My "uggs" fit pretty well but it's hard to bend to get them on. I actually bought some mens slippers that are just plain black and have worn them on short errands. *hangs head*

Sleep: Terrible. I dread the night because going to bed sucks so bad. I usually start out with a "wedge" of pillows- 3 pillows in the back, 2 pillows next to those, 1 between my knees and 1 under my belly. Flipping over is like a freaking Olympic Sport. Anyway, the wedge helps combat the acid reflux that I get when I even think about laying down, but it puts all of my weight on my hips so you can imagine the pain that I'm in. Add to that a sick husband who gets up a dozen times to blow his nose and then snores all night and then add to that the lack of sleep I've gotten worrying about Nolan's surgery (went fine, by the way- will post later about it) and I'm POOPED!

Best Moment This Week: Nolan's surgery was uneventful. I hate that he had to do it, but I'm SO GLAD that it was routine and he doesn't seem to have any complications. PHEW!!

Movement: They are getting so strong. They don't move a lot but when they do it can take my breath away. I want to catch them really moving on video because it is bizarre. They always stop when I try to though.


Gender: Girls! Adelyn Kate and Delaney Paige :)

Labor Signs: Same ole, same ole. I had it in my mind that I wanted to "at least" make it to 35 weeks but now I'm changing my tune to "at least" 36 weeks. I was reading that a lot of 36 weekers still need NICU time and I DO NOT want that!! Of course, 37-38 is even better but I cannot imagine how miserable I'll be by then.

Belly Button In or Out: Somehow, still in.

What I miss: Not being pregnant? Being able to get up quickly. Heck, being able to walk across the room without being in pain.

How I'm feeling: I'm in excruciating pain today. I think I overdid it with lifting and carrying Nolan today, but I didn't have much of a choice. I'm hoping that the rest I've gotten this evening plus sleeping tonight will make me feel better tomorrow. Other than that, I'm just overall pretty miserable. As you can tell from the sleep section, that sucks. Other than that, everything just takes so much effort (getting off the couch, taking a shower, getting dressed, leaving the house, etc.) Is it bad that I almost wish I was put on bedrest? Not because anything is wrong- just because moving sucks so bad. Of course, I DON'T want that because I want to be with Nolan as much as possible while he's my only baby but I really just want to lay down all day. Is that so much to ask!? :)

What I'm looking forward to: I have my bi-weekly ultrasound tomorrow. It was supposed to be today but we moved it because of Nolan's surgery. I'm excited to see the girls' estimated size and make sure everything is still going as planned!

Weekly Wisdom: The camera really does add 10 pounds. I don't *feel* AS huge as I look in pictures. Yikes.

Milestones: Another week down and the girls are still cooking away!!!!!



1 comment:

  1. I wast just thinking today you hadn't posted Maternity Monday. Glad to hear you're still hanging in there!

    ReplyDelete