Friday, May 14, 2010

"24 week" appointment

Yesterday I had my very last appointment of the 2nd trimester! How crazy is that?! (Well, I have to go back in two weeks for the glucose test, but that's not a REAL appointment.) Anyways, it was supposed to be Monday, at 24w but we start testing that day at school and I couldn't get out early/come in late so I had to move it a few days early.

Baby's heartbeat was in the 150's still. He's a happy camper!

Dr. measured my belly and said "it's going to be a good sized baby!" (Insert me freaking out here, lol).

I'm down 6 pounds, putting my total weight gain at 4 pounds for 24 weeks- I'll take it!

My blood pressure was a little elevated (132/72 I think) but in my defense... I haven't had water for 3 days and we've had a construction crew practically living at my house. Soooo I blame that. Dr. wasn't a bit worried though, so I'm not either.

I asked him how much water I need to be aiming for and he said a GALLON a day. Holy wow. I might drink a gallon every three days. Maybe.

So, that's about it! Overall, another perfect appointment. I go back on the 28th for my glucose test (crossing fingers I pass!) then again June 10 for my first appt. of the 3rd tri. Keep on keeping on baby!!!!! :)

********

Loving husband comment of the day:
"Do you always walk this slow?" :-P

3 comments:

  1. You've only gained 4 pounds?!? Totally jealous...I started to eat everything in site and some how gained 12 in 9 weeks. Oops.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lol, I certainly don't know HOW it happened! I had gained 10 as of week 20, but then yesterday was down 6 pounds. Could be the tons of fruit I've started to eat, lol. I'm sure the next appt. will be something outrageous though, haha.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am totally slacking on the water front...EEEEK

    ReplyDelete