Monday, June 28, 2010

30 week appointment

I seriously cannot believe I just typed 30 WEEKS. Craziness.

So my appointment today went well. Here are the highlights:

*BP was 128/64, no worries!

*weight gain was .2 lbs. I'm good with that!

*had a BPP, or biophysical profile ultrasound, and baby scored an 8/8! Basically, they watch his movements, check fluid levels, check blood flow into/out of the umbilical cord, etc. It could take up to 30 minutes but my guy is an overachiever and she had everything she needed in about 5 minutes.

*had a NST, or non-stress test, after that. They hooked me up to some monitors and recorded the baby's HB and response. Everything looked good!

*Dr. said "30 weeks, you're getting there!" and I said "yes, it's starting to feel a lot more real now." and he said "yeah, especially because you'll probably never see 40 weeks." and I said "I had a feeling." ... so yes, my "feeling" I've had all of this pregnancy that I might have an August baby was confirmed today. We'll see but at least we can be mentally prepared...

*get to do it all again weekly for the next month then twice weekly after that. Whoohoo!

No comments:

Post a Comment