Sunday, June 20, 2010

3D/4D ultrasound

First of all, let me just say that my little man is adorable. He looks like he has chubby cheeks that are going to be very smoochable. :)

Now, for my "review" of the ultrasound:
Before we got started the tech said "3D ultrasounds depend on the position of the baby and amount of fluid. If arms and legs are in the face, that's what we'll see." Luckily, little man didn't have arms in legs in his face but he was snuggled up against the placenta and had the cord up near his face for most of it.

Overall, I'm glad we had it done this time. I think the price is outrageous for what we got ($110 for about a 25 min ultrasound, 4 printed pics, and 21 pics on a dvd). The pictures on the dvd all look pretty similar. She only looked at his face- profile and tried to get him straight on but he's head down looking at my back so the position was tricky. I was hoping we'd get to see little hands and feet and make sure he is still a he (ya never know!) but we only saw face.

I don't think we'll be doing it (electively) with any future pregnancies but it was a neat experience this time.

A couple of pictures:


1 comment: