How far along? 12 weeks and according to some, 2nd trimester!!!
Total Weight Gain: Shoot, I forgot to weigh myself today!
Maternity Clothes: I need some.
Sleep: A little more tired right now but I'm still sleeping okay.
Best Moment This Week: our NT Scan today! (see below)
Movement: Yes, I'm definitely feeling itty bitty baby flutters. It's very rare but it's definitely them. I feel Baby A more often I think.
Gender: Still thinking girls
Labor Signs: none, and I hope it stays that way for many many months.
Belly Button In or Out: In
What I miss: Not being starving all the time!!
How I'm feeling: knock on wood........... I feel good. :)
What I'm looking forward to: Nolan's birthday party this weekend!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Weekly Wisdom: Just have faith. God gave us these wonderful blessings, and He will help us find a way to make it work.
Milestones: great NT Scan! Making it to 12 weeks!! Babes are the size of limes. :)
So we saw our MFM today for the first time. I LOVED the doctor and the u/s tech. The tech tries to stick with you for all of your ultrasounds so they can pick up minor changes if necessary. I felt like they were very thorough. The whole ultrasound probably took 35 minutes, plus I got to speak with a genetic counselor and the doctor. That's kind of awesome! The tech couldn't see the membrane between the babies (which is bad if it's not there) so after she kept trying for awhile she just got the doctor and he (finally!) found it. It's very thin but it's there, whew!
He told me that twin to twin transfusion is not as common as they make it sound, but that it does happen in 10-15% of ID twin pregnancies. He said that there are early signs (large growth difference, etc.) but that so far everything looks perfect. He even said perfect. Whew! I go back to him in 4 weeks and then every 2 weeks after that for ultrasounds.
As far as the NT Scan goes, they were able to see nasal bones on both babies and the pocket of fluid they measure behind the neck was within normal numbers meaning our risk for Down's Syndrome is very low. We will know more in a few days when the blood work comes back but for now, perfect!
Both babies were moving machines!! The tech kept calling them wiggly little things. It's so insanely cool to see TWO babies in there. WOW.
Here are a couple of pictures. We didn't get any of them together... guess they're getting too big to see in the same frame!
Baby A is on the top- first picture is the profile and second picture you can see an arm/hand. That baby is hanging out breech and lower than the other. It's HB was 163 today.
Baby B is on the bottom- first picture is the profile (kind of!) and second picture you can see it hiding it's face. That baby is transverse over baby A. It's HB was 153 today.
TWINS....This is SO amazing! Love that you got such great news today from your Dr. !!
ReplyDeleteGrandma Diane <3 <3 <3
Yay for a good visit!
ReplyDeleteCan't wait to see Nolan's party!!