Monday, August 8, 2011

Maternity Monday

How far along? 10 weeks... getting closer to 2nd tri!
Total Weight Gain: +7 pounds as of my appt last week. I think I was about 19 weeks along last time before I had gained that much. OMG.
Maternity Clothes: I broke out the belly band once (too hot!) and my maternity capris once (too big!) so I'm kind of struggling in the clothing department right now.
Sleep: It takes me a little while to get comfortable, but then I sleep pretty well. I wake up once to pee (and check on my little man) then sleep well until he wakes up.
Best Moment This Week: At my appt on Thursday, the OB was able to find BOTH heartbeats with the doppler! It was amazing. I teared up because at that moment, it became real.
Movement: None
Gender: Still thinking girls
Labor Signs: none, and I hope it stays that way for many many months.
Belly Button In or Out: In
What I miss: More caffeine than I am currently allowing myself
How I'm feeling: I actually feel pretty good. I occasionally get sick in the mornings, I have heartburn here and there, and my sciatic nerve pain is back (boo) but all things considered- I was much more miserable at this stage with Nolan, so I'm feeling pretty lucky!
What I'm looking forward to: Ultrasound tomorrow morning!!!
Weekly Wisdom: Just have faith. God gave us these wonderful blessings, and He will help us find a way to make it work.
Milestones: Finding the heartbeats with the doppler (oh yeah, and I found one of them with mine yesterday... I was too impatient or too dumb to know the difference to find the other), and making it to double digits. My babies are officially "fetuses" I believe. :)

And for fun (or not because I can't believe it) here are the belly pics I've taken so far. With twins, it is common to measure 6-8 weeks ahead, so I'm measuring like I would with a single baby at about 17 weeks. Looking back at my pictures with Nolan, that looks about right. Strangely, even though I'm starting this pregnancy about 35 pounds lighter, my weight is still distributed differently so some of that belly is definitely... me. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment