Monday, January 30, 2012

Hospital bedrest: Day 10 and 11

The weekend was terrible. Because of a miscommunication or two, I only got to see Nolan for a little over an hour each day... and when it's the weekend and no one is working, that's not cool. I bawled when he left Sunday night. I feel like I'm missing so much and it's terrible.

Luckily, today was much better. I got to visit with him for about 2.5 hours and go on a 'walk' (wheelchair ride) which I think helped break up the time for him. I still hate for him to leave but it was much easier to hug and kiss him goodbye when I got to see him for awhile in a good mood.

In other news, my doctor is back in action. As soon as I saw him I felt relieved. I forgot how much I like him! He didn't have a whole lot of news yet but we have sort of a plan in place now. Tomorrow at 3:30 I'll have a growth/fluid check with my MFM. If baby A is frank breech (butt presenting with legs up) and the high risk drs agree, I can (most likely) go home to continue bedrest. If she's another kind of breech then the risk of cord prolapse, however small, is still a concern and I will likely stay here... again depending on the high risk drs thoughts after talking to my OB. IF I do go home and come back with contractions, bleeding, etc. then we will deliver. I won't have to go home then have complications and come back for more bedrest. Thankfully! And we will schedule the c/s for sometime between 37-38 weeks depending on their sizes. So, I should have an answer/plan tomorrow afternoon!

I would love to go home, assuming it's safe for the babies. I would love to pack my bag, pick out hospital clothes for the babies, and see my husband and son for longer each night. I would prefer if they just decide to come on their own before I go home but ya know.

I'm trying not to get my hopes up but it's hard- Say a prayer for me!

1 comment: