Sunday, August 7, 2011

Things People Say

I've found that when people find out we're having twins... with an almost one year old... they can say some pretty crazy things. Most are well meaning, I'm sure. But sometimes I just want to shake my head.

Were you trying? Um, first of all the only people who's business that is is mine and my husbands. I should probably come back with "Oh, you mean were we having unprotected sex?" I'm sure that would shut them up. I usually just change the subject. Whether we were or were not trying doesn't matter. We are THRILLED to be adding to our family, and you should be too. Plus, you can't really "try" for twins... unless you do IVF which leads me to my next question...

Are they natural? Nope. They're "unnatural." What does that even mean? Fortunately for us, we have not had any issues getting pregnant, so yes they are "natural."

Do twins run in your family? As a matter of fact, they do. We have at least four sets of twins on my mom's side of the family. However, we are 99% sure (we'll know for sure on Tuesday) that our twins are identical, which is not "hereditary." I think I'll just say "yes" when asked though, because I don't feel like getting into it with people!

Wow, you're going to have your hands full! Yes, we sure will. I'd rather them be full than empty, thanks.

Three kids in diapers! It's going to be expensive. Sure is. Wanna contribute to our diaper funds? No? Then butt out.


I'm sure as time goes on, I will be able to add to this list. For now, there ya have it. The things people say!

1 comment:

  1. People sometimes speak with no filter, even when they mean well. I will say until recently I didn't know the proper term was "spontaneous" twins and was one of the idiots using the word "natural." Oops. At least I've finally learned the right terminiology, better late than never right??

    ReplyDelete