Monday, April 12, 2010

Maternity Monday- 19w

How Far Along: 19 weeks... eeekkk! Dan asked me last night if I was nervous and I said "Ummm, YEAH!"

How big is baby?: About the size of a mango, although my weekly picture will not reflect that. Dan bought the biggest sweet potato he could find last week (he didn't know what I wanted it for) and all of the mangos Kroger had are much smaller. Wouldn't make much sense. :)

Total Weight Gain: +6 pounds last time I checked. I think I'm going to weigh myself today in the nurses office.

Maternity Clothes: Uh, yeah. Some make me look pregnant, others make me look chunky(er).

Sleep: I keep trying to sleep on my stomach. I can last for about 1/2 hour but it feels like I'm sleeping on a brick. I'm sure that's not good for baby. I toss and turn from side to side, but at least I'm getting some sleep.

Best Moment This Week: Buying our crib!! (See post below)

Movement: Yep, especially at night and after eating.

Gender: I don't have a dang clue. NEXT WEEK!!!

Labor Signs: No, thank goodness.

Belly Button in or out: In

What I miss: lots of stuff... pop with caffeine, decent sleep, heartburn relief, certain items of clothing, being able to paint my toenails comfortably, not waking up 12x a night to pee...

What I'm Looking Forward to: April 19th!!!

Weekly Wisdom: Don't listen to your husband... he means well but doesn't know how to say what he means. Case and point? On Friday:
D: you're getting round.
T: uh, thanks. I think?
D: well before you just looked... chubby. Like you had a tire or something. Now you're getting that bowling ball look.
T: *choking back tears* thanks honey.

Milestones: Baby can hear outside noises... and will be going to it's first concert (Trans-Siberian Orchestra) on Friday!

What baby is up to and how you're feeling:
Those nasty leg cramps are probably making it tough to get comfortable. One way to ease the pain: Extend your leg and flex your ankle and toes toward your knees. Or enlist your partner for a calf (and back!) massage. Good news: Your now-bulging belly should get you a little more compassion from everyone around you.

Baby's now the size of a mango!
Vernix caseosa, a greasy white substance made of lanugo, oil, and dead skin cells (yum) now coats baby's skin, shielding it from the amniotic fluid. (Picture yourself after a nine-month bath, and the need for protection makes sense.) You might get to see the vernix at birth, especially if baby is premature.

The bump:

1 comment:

  1. Look at your cute bump! It's official...women an entire month behind me now have bigger bumps than I do!

    ReplyDelete