We started looking around 12 weeks or so, to get an idea of what was out there, cost, etc. I bought the book Baby Bargains and it provided me with a great outlook on safe brands, what not to buy, etc. We found a set we liked, but it ended up being really expensive. So, we kept looking. Dan's parents offered us Dan's old set, but being that it was 25+ years old and had a drop side, I didn't feel comfortable with it, not knowing if it had been recalled, etc. Then I found a whole bedroom set on Craigslist that I liked the looks (and price) of. It was only two years old, and in good condition. I was sold... until I found out it had a drop side. I went ahead and set up an appoitment to see it but I could not shake the nagging feeling that it wasn't safe. I even cried on the phone with my mom because it was stressing me out (not knowing if it would be safe.) She assured me we still had time, and I shouldn't settle for something that would make me feel uncomfortable. I called the lady and cancelled. I spoke to my mother in law who told me the same thing. I decided I was going to stop crib searching for a couple weeks because it wasn't worth stressing over.
Then my mom emailed me a link yesterday morning. It was for a beautiful crib on Craigslist. It was a floor model, but had never been used. It was originally $499 and we got it for $250. My mom and step-dad went to look at it and pick it up. I haven't seen it in person (only on the internet and in a catalog) but she says it's beautiful. I'm so happy!! We plan to get the matching dresser/changer in a couple months. And maybe the toy box down the road! I feel giddy. :)
And now for the big reveal. From JCPenney. Our baby's furniture. <3
No comments:
Post a Comment