Last night I was driving home from Job #2 when I heard a song on the radio called "The Call." I had heard it before but for some reason last night I actually listened to the lyrics. One verse is talking about an 18 year old couple who made a bad decision and got pregnant. The guy talked her into having an abortion but as she was in the waiting room he called and said he'd made a mistake and wanted to get married and make it work. While I don't support teenage pregnancy or marriage, it made me think about life a little.
While we are obviously a lot better off than the 18 year old couple in the song (we're 25, married, have jobs, etc.), we're still not where we thought we'd be when kids came into the picture. We would rather be at home, close to our families. We'd rather be making more money so I could afford to take more time off work. We'd rather be able to send lil baby to my mom for daycare or have me stay home for the first year, etc. However, given that all of these things "could" be different, we couldn't ask for more. We are thrilled to be bringing this little person into the world and know that we're going to do everything in our power to make his life perfect.
I realized that he's not going to care what his bedding looks like. He's not going to care that the crib skirt isn't pleated. He's not going to care how much time I spent agonizing over which crib, carseat, stroller, etc. would be the best. He may care a little about what his name is, but I bet I'll end up getting my way. ;-) We have more love to give this little guy than anyone could fathom. And at the end of your life, isn't that what matters most? How much you loved and were loved? Isn't that what people will remember? They say "you can't take it with you when you leave" and that's for sure the truth. We'll give him all the love in the world, and then some. We'll have a happy life and make it worthwhile, and that's really all anyone can ask for. <3
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment