Monday, April 19, 2010

Maternity Monday- 20w

How Far Along: 20 weeks= half baked!!! :)

How big is baby?: About the size of a cantelope!

Total Weight Gain: +10 pounds total

Maternity Clothes: pretty much exclusively

Sleep: I don't think I'm ever going to get a good night's sleep again!

Best Moment This Week: Anatomy Scan today... baby looks perfect!!

Movement: Yep, especially at night and after eating.

Gender: See next post ;-)

Labor Signs: No, thank goodness.

Belly Button in or out: In

What I miss: lots of stuff... pop with caffeine, decent sleep, heartburn relief, certain items of clothing, being able to paint my toenails comfortably, not waking up 12x a night to pee...

What I'm Looking Forward to: Starting our baby registry!

Weekly Wisdom: Don't try to keep the gender a secret... it won't work.

Milestones: Halfway!

What baby is up to and how you're feeling:
You're at the halfway mark — congratulations! Your baby weighs about 10 1/2 ounces now. He's also around 6 1/2 inches long from head to bottom and about 10 inches from head to heel — the length of a banana. (The way your baby is measured changes now.) He's swallowing more these days, which is good practice for his digestive system. He's also producing meconium, a black, sticky by-product of digestion. This gooey substance will accumulate in his bowels, and you'll see it in his first soiled diaper (although some babies pass meconium in the womb or during delivery).

The bump:
Better late than never...

No comments:

Post a Comment