Friday, April 30, 2010

Outside baby movement

This baby has been moving and grooving since between 16-17 weeks. That's about 6 weeks now. I have yet to feel outside movement. Sometimes the kicks/jabs/headbutts are so strong I think "there's no way you can't feel that!" so, I'll put my hand where I felt the movement and lo and behold, the stubborn thing stops until I move my hand. Well, last night was one of those nights- except he didn't stop moving. I called Dan over and told him to try to feel. I can't really tell if I'm feeling him on the outside or not, since I feel him at the same time on the inside. This is how our conversation went.

T: Put your hand where mine is and let me know if you feel anything.
D: Nope. (long pause) Oh yeah, there's something!
T: That's my heartbeat.
D: Oh. (long pause) That's creepy.
T: You need to push harder.
D: I still don't feel anything. (long pause) Wait! Was that something?
T: No. I'll tell you when I feel him.
D: Okay.
T: There! Did you feel that?
D: Nope.
T: Screw it. Move your hand.

::a few minutes later::

T: He is dancing like crazy. Put your hand here.
D: Ooooh, was that something?
T: No.

Ahhh! He's never going to feel him, lol.

2 comments:

  1. Oh man we've had that same conversation so many times. It will be undeniable once he feels it. You can visually see my stomach change shape now it's unreal. Hang in there!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The first time my husband claimed to have felt it...I felt nothing. I think he made it up so I'd stop pestering him. Now there's no denying it..especially when you see my stomach move...it's really weird and amazing all at the same time!

    ReplyDelete