Sunday, April 11, 2010

I will never again ask a pregnant woman how she feels.

The answer people want to hear when they ask how you feel:

I feel awesome! Being pregnant couldn't be more enjoyable! I wake up every morning ready to face the day just knowing that I'm creating a miracle.

While that's a lovely thought, pregnant women ACTUALLY want to say:

I sleep like crap. After 20 weeks I'm still puking every morning. My nose has been stuffy for 4 months straight. It's also been that long since I've had sex or had a bowel movement. None of my clothes fit, including my bra whose underwire is currently creating permenant divets in my skin. I pee 5000 times a day, even if it's just a trickle. My husband thinks all of the aforementioned things are amusing and recently told me I was finally starting to look pregnant and not fatter. I can't reach my toenails to paint them but the thought of a stranger seeing them is unpleasant. I have heartburn that is brought on by anything and everything, including water. My hips, back, neck, and everything in between ache for no apparant reason. Everything stinks and nothing ever sounds good even though I'm constantly ravenous. Walking upstairs causes me to be short of breath. All of that said, I'm feeling great.

Can you imagine the look on the askers face!?

(Disclaimer: only about half of those things are currently true and despite everything I really do feel pretty good. Just using a bit of sarcasm.) :)

2 comments:

  1. I hear you. I just smile and say good but tired and people nod and say just you wait. I tried to paint my toes last night and my DH was like you are going to crush her--let me do it--NICE!!

    And don't forget the back pain--I can't sleep comfortably and my husband doesn't understand why.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha. Spoken like a true pregnant woman!

    ReplyDelete